In absence of the NZMSS conference this year, the NZMSS would like to run a webinar series highlighting the research from our members. Not a Member? Join today.
The NZMSS webinar series aims to deliver access to the latest in marine science research. We bring the science to you – wherever you are – to share discoveries, insights, and best practices and how to apply them to your research.
Each 60-minute webinar (4-5pm) will focus on a given topic (see list below) and include four presentations from both student and professional members . Each talk will be 10 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions from the virtual audience. Webinar links will be emailed to the member list and can be found here. Each webinar will be recorded and made available on the NZMSS YouTube channel.
All webinars in the series are free for NZMSS Members and the public
Given there are few conference opportunities during 2020, this is your chance to tell the New Zealand marine science community about your research!
- Marine conservation, restoration and biodiversity research 25th June – View the session here – Webinar 1
- Marine monitoring – current and novel approaches 23rd July – View the session here – Webinar 2
- Tipping points – climate change, unsustainable resource use 20th August – View the session here – Webinar 3
- Marine mammal and seabird conservation 17th September – View the session here – Webinar 4
- Mātauranga Maori in our Moana 15th October – View the session here – Webinar 5
- Marine invasive species and biosecurity 19th November – Full
- Marine pollution 17th December – Full
Please contact email@example.com if you’ve any questions about the above sessions.